|Hepatitus B vaccination
Oct 9, 2006
I'm positive with hepatitus B. My baby was given hepatitus B immunization. How effective is it? Will she be ill?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B immunoglobulin and Hepatitis B vaccine were given to your baby and they are very effective in preventing transmission. Your baby will need follow-up immunizations as well. Speak with your doctor to be certain you understand the schedule. The vaccine is effective when given according to schedule.
Best of luck to you and your baby.
Risk of fingering
Hepatitus B carrier
- Hairy Leukoplakia Vs. Thrush
- Do Scabs Protect Bloodstream From Hiv?
- Is Lexapro Used To Treat Peripheral Neuropathy?
- How Long Should I Wait To Take An Hiv Test After Being Raped?
- Using Soap As A Lubricant With Condoms And Hiv Risk
- What Is There That Has Symptoms Similar To Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.