Oct 9, 2006
sgpt's effect on body
Response from Dr. McGovern
SGPT is just a laboratory result. Another similar measure is SGOT. They are the same as ALT and AST.
All are indicators of inflammation of liver. When we see elevations we refer to this as "hepatitis". Hepatitis can be caused by viruses (hepatitis A,B,C) or alcohol, or medications, or cocaine, or herbs.
Window period for Hep C
Hep C -?
- How Do I Get Rid Of Syphilis Rash?
- Painful Fever Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex
- Slight Insertion In Vagina Risk For Hiv
- When One Should Be Concerned About Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Pregnancy Blood Work Results For Hiv?
- If I Have Itchy Skin Do I Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.