Oct 9, 2006
sgpt's effect on body
Response from Dr. McGovern
SGPT is just a laboratory result. Another similar measure is SGOT. They are the same as ALT and AST.
All are indicators of inflammation of liver. When we see elevations we refer to this as "hepatitis". Hepatitis can be caused by viruses (hepatitis A,B,C) or alcohol, or medications, or cocaine, or herbs.
Window period for Hep C
Hep C -?
- Does HIV Cause Vomiting?
- White Bumps On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.