|Window period for Hep C
Sep 22, 2006
What is the window period for hep c? I started having liver pains about 6 months after possible exposure. Is that all the symptoms would be? Thanks a million.
Response from Dr. McGovern
The time from exposure to symptoms is usually within 8 to 12 weeks and often less than that.
If you are concerned regarding a possible risk, I would certainly get tested for HCV virus and HCV antibody. Early treatment is very important if you just got infected. Early treatment is associated with a high risk of eradication of the virus.
Pricked myself...please answer!
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- Body Fluids That Don't Carry HIV
- Contracting Hiv From Used Hair Trimming Machine
- Has Anyone Gotten Hiv From Blood On Floor
- How Many CD4 Cells Are Destroyed By HIV Per Year?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.