|Pricked myself...please answer!
Sep 22, 2006
Is it possible to contract Hep C or HIV after being pricked with a pin? I'm concerned someone who I know has Hep C and HIV may have been pricked several hours before me.
Response from Dr. McGovern
This sounds like a very very low risk and even an uncertain risk at that.
Please help Complicated time for us
Window period for Hep C
- Flaky Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.