Please help Complicated time for us

My husband is hiv and hep c infected since 1988. He has cirrhosis and is recommended for hep c treatment. Tcells are about 400 and viral load undetectable, diagnosed in 1988. He is 43, and otherwise healthy. He was in a car accident and broke his neck. He had a laminectomy where they fused c3-t1. He doesn't go back to see the neurosurgeon until Oct 31 and our HIV doc has never heard of this. The neurosurgeon, Dr. Tuli at BWH in boston referred him to New England Spine who want him to use a Bone Growth Stimulator called Spinalogic 1000 by DJ Ortho. What I'm reading doesn't convince me this is necessary or optimal for him. Can you offer any suggestions or any knowledge of this medical device? Will this impact his HIV status at all? Is it safe? I don't know where else to turn. The man we spoke to told us this has been FDA approved for over ten years but I am not finding that online. Please help as they are supposed to arrive tomorrow or the next day with this device that he should wear 30 min a day for 3 - 4 months. He is able to walk and has full use of his arms and legs but is wearing a Miami Jto Collar with thoraic extension.

I am sorry but I cannot help you with this question. I would ask your physicians to refer you to a website with helpful information.

Hepatitus B
Pricked myself...please answer!