|HEP B infant test accuracy
Sep 22, 2006
If an infant under 9 months old is given a shot for HEP B and a week later is tested for Hep B and the test shows they are a carrier of the disease, how accurate is this? Also, how likely is it that a general test for Hep B comes out negative and less than a month later a test comes back as positive?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The only route for transmission in this baby was probably perinatal transmission. However, it is usually known as to whether the mother was Hepatitis B surface antigen positive or not during pregnancy.
I would want to know more about the test results and the exact profile.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Negative At 16 Weeks
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.