Sep 22, 2006
My son's doctor advised him to get a hepatitis vaccination.
Although exposed to drugs, he never used a needle or had unprotected sex relations. What is hepatitis exactly and why would a vaccination be advised?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am a big believer in immunizations and offer them even when my patient is not at immediate risk of infection. I do it because preventing a disease is so much better than treating a disease.
Hep B and HIV +
HEP B infant test accuracy
- Is Having A Lower Back Pain An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Why Do I Keep Getting Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Blisters?
- What Are The Different Types Of Herpes Zosters Or Shingles?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Syphilis Results?
- Syphilis And White Blood Cell Count
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.