Sep 22, 2006
My son's doctor advised him to get a hepatitis vaccination.
Although exposed to drugs, he never used a needle or had unprotected sex relations. What is hepatitis exactly and why would a vaccination be advised?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am a big believer in immunizations and offer them even when my patient is not at immediate risk of infection. I do it because preventing a disease is so much better than treating a disease.
Hep B and HIV +
HEP B infant test accuracy
- Does HIV Cause Loose Stool?
- Is Sore On Tongue An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
- Acute Retroviral Syndrome Rash Pictures
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.