Sep 22, 2006
My son's doctor advised him to get a hepatitis vaccination.
Although exposed to drugs, he never used a needle or had unprotected sex relations. What is hepatitis exactly and why would a vaccination be advised?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am a big believer in immunizations and offer them even when my patient is not at immediate risk of infection. I do it because preventing a disease is so much better than treating a disease.
Hep B and HIV +
HEP B infant test accuracy
- CAN YOU GET A DISEASE FROM ORAL SEX?
- I Have Night Sweats But No Fever Could It Be Hiv
- Lip Kissing With Sores And Cracks And Hiv Positive
- Positive For Hepatitis Affecting HIV Test
- Receptive Vaginal Sex Risk With Minimal Penetration And No Ejaculation
- What Things Cause A False-positive HIV Test Result?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.