|person to person casual contact
Sep 22, 2006
does a person with hepititas C in a classroom environment pose a threat of infection to others in the class through normal contact?
Response from Dr. McGovern
No there is no risk at all. The risk of transmission of HCV is through blood to blood contact, eg injection drug users sharing needles or "works"
Need of Liver Transplant
Hep B and HIV +
- I Have A Tingling Sensation On My Feet And Hands Does That Mean I Have Hiv
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Can You Take An Hiv Test?
- What Body Systems Are Affected By Aids?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Cut On Hand?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Vaginal Fluid?
- Condom Broke Anal Risk Of Getting HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.