Need of Liver Transplant

My 40 year old wife is in need of a liver transplant due to a genetics. She is HIV+, but negative to Hep A,B & C. Her Hepatologist want to send her for a consult to Univ. of Miami for a consult, once stabilized. Please, what is the chances of success and survival rates? Thanks

We do not know a lot about the results of liver transplantation in HIV infected patients, but the little we do know looks encouraging. Most of the work has been done in Hepatitis C or Hepatitis B. The survival rates are similar to those without HIV. It is important to go to a solid center, like Miami, where she will get excellent care.

Best regards to your wife and my best wishes for her successful transplantation.

please answer doctor!
person to person casual contact