High Viral Count

I under went treatment for Hep C 1 year ago. My viral count was 500,000 when I began treatment. I am a non-responder and my doctor discontinued treatment. At that time my viral count was at 700,000. I went in for my 1 year check and my viral count has gone up to 6,660,000. Is this common in non-responders?

No this is somewhat unusual in my practise. Most literature suggests that the viral load is steady.

You may want to discuss this further with your physician to be certain that you are being monitored with the same exact assay, since results can vary between different types of testing.

hepatitis B
please answer doctor!