|High Viral Count
Sep 22, 2006
I under went treatment for Hep C 1 year ago. My viral count was 500,000 when I began treatment. I am a non-responder and my doctor discontinued treatment. At that time my viral count was at 700,000. I went in for my 1 year check and my viral count has gone up to 6,660,000. Is this common in non-responders?
Response from Dr. McGovern
No this is somewhat unusual in my practise. Most literature suggests that the viral load is steady.
You may want to discuss this further with your physician to be certain that you are being monitored with the same exact assay, since results can vary between different types of testing.
please answer doctor!
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Negative At 16 Weeks
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.