|interfiron didn't work
Sep 22, 2006
32 weeks into treatment my hep c viral load came back. same thing happened when i did the 3X a week. what can you tell me about any do treatments.
Response from Dr. McGovern
It is so frustrating when a patient has a good response and then the virus breaks through again!
What I would do now is to talk to your physician about a couple of options that will depend on how much liver disease you have.
1. Option 1: If you have advanced liver disease, you may want to speak to your physician about a "maintenance" trial of low dose treatment which theoretically may slow down scarring of the liver. The clinical trial results of this approach are not back yet but will be soon.
2. Option 2: if you have mild to moderate disease, you may want to wait for new options, such as a HCV protease inhibitor or HCV polymerase inhibitor. You would be a perfect candidate for combination therapy with a new agent and interferon. I think this would work very well i you. Just a matter of time..
- Will The Hpv Vaccine Help People Who Are Already Infected?
- When Can I Return To Work After Shingles?
- What Rash Can Mimic Shingles?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Happens When Bacterial Vaginosis Goes Untreated?
- Type Of Doctor That Treats Gonorrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.