interfiron didn't work

32 weeks into treatment my hep c viral load came back. same thing happened when i did the 3X a week. what can you tell me about any do treatments.

It is so frustrating when a patient has a good response and then the virus breaks through again!

What I would do now is to talk to your physician about a couple of options that will depend on how much liver disease you have.

1. Option 1: If you have advanced liver disease, you may want to speak to your physician about a "maintenance" trial of low dose treatment which theoretically may slow down scarring of the liver. The clinical trial results of this approach are not back yet but will be soon.

2. Option 2: if you have mild to moderate disease, you may want to wait for new options, such as a HCV protease inhibitor or HCV polymerase inhibitor. You would be a perfect candidate for combination therapy with a new agent and interferon. I think this would work very well i you. Just a matter of time..

Viral load
hepatitis B