Hep C

My partner was diagnosed with Hep C in 2001 and he was successfully treated with the new interferon. His doctor says the virus is undetectable and has been since 2002. Were in a monogamous relationship. My question, am I at risk of catching the Hep C virus from him if I let him ejaculate in my mouth?

Thanks

If your partner has had successful clearance of hepatitis C, then there is no risk of transmission to you because he no longer has virus in his system. Recurrence of viremia would suggest re-exposure to hepatitis C infection since the vast majority of patients have viral clearance that is sustained.

doctor won't use neprogen
Hep C risk?