Sep 6, 2006
My partner was diagnosed with Hep C in 2001 and he was successfully treated with the new interferon. His doctor says the virus is undetectable and has been since 2002. Were in a monogamous relationship. My question, am I at risk of catching the Hep C virus from him if I let him ejaculate in my mouth?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If your partner has had successful clearance of hepatitis C, then there is no risk of transmission to you because he no longer has virus in his system. Recurrence of viremia would suggest re-exposure to hepatitis C infection since the vast majority of patients have viral clearance that is sustained.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.