Infection with Hep C

I am a forensic scientist. Accidentally I got a small injury with a blood stained glass piece. The blood stain was completely dry, almost about 6 - 7 days old. Also I was wearing two handgloves - one latex and one polythene. As the cut glass was so sharp, it penetrated through the two gloves and made the small injury. As soon as I got injury, I have washed the wound very well in running water.

Please let me know, is there any chance of infection of HIV or Hepatitis? I have already taken vaccination for Hepatitis B.

Thanks for your kind advice and co-operation

In any of these potential work related injuries, I ALWAYS suggest that you immediately let your employee health service know about this incident. This is for your own protection. Never second-guess an exposure. You should have baseline testing for blood-borne viruses.

With that said, I think you are not at risk, but please discuss this fully with your employee health physician.

I would check your surface antibody for HBV to be certain that you are immune.

Working with an ex IV drug user with Hep C
doctor won't use neprogen