|Working with an ex IV drug user with Hep C
Sep 6, 2006
I just found out that a co-worker is an ex heroin user and has Hep C (he may also have HIV as well). Should I be concerned about contact with him? I work in a school and he cleans/touches my desk, doors, etc. If he's not careful with open cuts could I be in danger?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is spread by blood exposure mainly through injection drug use and uncommonly through sexual intercourse. There is no risk of hepatitis C to household contacts; our only recommendation is not to share razors. For you, there is no risk that I can think of.
hiv hep c
Infection with Hep C
- Is Hair Loss A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Itchy Testicles Could I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Irritation On Penis Tip After Sex Chlamydia Sti
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
- Tingling Sensation Penis Sexually Transmitted Disease
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.