hepatitis c

i am a male and have children and have met a women who has hepatitis c and i would like to know the risk for me and my children

Hepatitis C can be transmitted sexually, but it is uncommon. The risk appears to increase in persons with multiple sexual partners, those who have genital ulcerative diseases, such as syphilis, and in those who have sex with trauma. In monogamous couples, the risk is low at 1 to 3 percent. Condoms are effective in preventing transmission.

There isn't risk to household contacts. We suggest not sharing razors.

Hepititis C/pregnancy
hiv hep c