Sep 4, 2006
What are the risks for the fetus when mother has Hepititis C
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The risk to the fetus is low.
1. The risk of transmission is about 5 percent. Even less if the mother has a low viral load. 2. Even if the baby acquires HCV, there is a higher chance of clearing the infection spontaneously, than in adults. 3. Children who undergo treatment for HCV tolerate it much better than adults.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hepititis C Viral Load
- Painful Ejaculation After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.