|HIV+ and other vaccinations
Sep 4, 2006
I have been an HIV positive for 2 years. My CD4 was 472 this month. I would like to get immunisation of Hepatitis B, Flu and Zona zoster. It is safe for me to have these vaccines? Please advise me how should I get these vaccines because I am an HIV positive person. Please could you also recommend any other vaccines I should get?
I thank you very much.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The Zoster vaccine is not recommended for patients with HIV because it is a live attenuated vacccine.
Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B vaccines are also a good idea to prevent these virus infections that can affect your liver. The benefit of these vaccines are even greater when your T cells are higher and your HIV viral load is undetectable. Pneumovax, active against a bacteria that can cause pneumonia, is also recommmended along with yearly flu shots.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.