|Genotype 4 <10 copies
Sep 3, 2006
At 12 weeks I was und,I am wating for my 3 months post tx results and was wondering if the sensitivity of the 12 week viral count <10 copies has any bearing on the results later on or svr, I have noticed some test are considered und at <50 copies.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Congratulations on your good results to date.
The main issue is not 10 copies versus 50 copies.
It is really related to new information which suggests the following: 1. The 12 week level is best at telling which patients will NOT respond - eg, those that do not have at least a 2 log drop probably have a low chance of responding.
2. New data suggest that the 4 week level has the best chance of predicting who WILL respond - eg if your virus has declined by at least two logs by this timepoint, your chance appears high. Not everyone is using this in clinical practice yet. The information is quite new and we need more studies regarding this issue. However, it is quite exciting and useful data I believe.
Hep B -- adoption question
- In The Earliest Stage Of Hiv Infection Can Symptoms May Be Mistaken For The Flu
- Hiv Symptoms The First 2 Weeks
- How Long Do Symptoms Of The Mouth Begin If Hiv Infected?
- How Soon Do Hiv Symptoms Appear After Infection?
- How Long Do Hiv Seroconversion Symptoms Last?
- Will Gonorrhea Go Away On Its Own?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.