|Genotype 4 <10 copies
Sep 3, 2006
At 12 weeks I was und,I am wating for my 3 months post tx results and was wondering if the sensitivity of the 12 week viral count <10 copies has any bearing on the results later on or svr, I have noticed some test are considered und at <50 copies.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Congratulations on your good results to date.
The main issue is not 10 copies versus 50 copies.
It is really related to new information which suggests the following: 1. The 12 week level is best at telling which patients will NOT respond - eg, those that do not have at least a 2 log drop probably have a low chance of responding.
2. New data suggest that the 4 week level has the best chance of predicting who WILL respond - eg if your virus has declined by at least two logs by this timepoint, your chance appears high. Not everyone is using this in clinical practice yet. The information is quite new and we need more studies regarding this issue. However, it is quite exciting and useful data I believe.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlorine Cause A Vaginal Discharge?
- Can You Get Rid Of Gunnera The Std?
- Cause Of Vaginal Strep Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.