Hep Treatment & Weight Gain

I was diagnosed with chronic Hep B in April of last year. I am currently on Baraclude and Hepsera, and converted to E antigen negative with undetectable viral load. I am having great difficulty maintaining weight and am not able to lose any. I workout (weights (1hour) + cardio (about 1 hour)) four days per week. Also, have very diminished sex drive/desire and cannot keep an erection. I will be going to an Endocrinologist in a couple of weeks to see if anything is going on. What are your thoughts?

It sounds like you are doing extremely well with the exception of the weight gain. I think that a visit to the endocrinologist is very important to rule out diabetes and thyroid problems. You are correct to be concerned about weight gain which is becoming a significant problem in the US for example. I would not relate this problem to your medications or your hepatitis B per se.

hep B
hepa B