partner hbv myself hiv

buongiorno from Italy ! I have a boyfriend who is chronic hbv, currently taking Zeffix (epivir). I am hiv+, good cd4-viral load levels, no drugs (doing STI under medical supervision) had HBV vaccine done recently. In case we have unprotected sex, boyfriend is stating that his epivir is protecting him from eventual hiv infection is this true?, also am I completely covered from HBV since I did the vaccine ? (blood test shows that I have hbv antibody). Thanks for you time and pacience !

Good morning from the US!

For hepatitis B, you need to complete your immunization series. Then, due to the fact that you have a chronic HBV partner, I would get a blood test to look for surface antibody to see if you have responded well to the vaccine and that you are protected. This is extremely important, since HIV patients who acquire HBV have a higher chance of developing chronic infection.

There is no data that I am aware of suggesting that Epivir monotherapy should protect your partner from getting HIV if he was exposed. Condoms have a well-proven track record. This is particularly important right now since you are not on medications.

what are side effects of inteferon shots
co-infection