Sep 2, 2006
I am infected by Hepa C with 2,000 counts, is it contageous? Do it has a cure?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes HCV can be cured. In the setting of acute infection, we usually follow a few HCV RNA levels to see if the virus is clearing by itself. If not, early treatment usually leads to cure. If a chronic patient undergoes therapy, there is still a good chance of cure. That chance varies by genotype, since some are easier to treat than others.
what are side effects of inteferon shots
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Much Does It Cost To Get Tested For Stds?
- Is Hepatitis Hereditary?
- The First Symptoms Of Genital Warts Pictures
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.