Sep 2, 2006
I am infected by Hepa C with 2,000 counts, is it contageous? Do it has a cure?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes HCV can be cured. In the setting of acute infection, we usually follow a few HCV RNA levels to see if the virus is clearing by itself. If not, early treatment usually leads to cure. If a chronic patient undergoes therapy, there is still a good chance of cure. That chance varies by genotype, since some are easier to treat than others.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Hands After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Topping With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Masturbation Worried I Have
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.