Sep 2, 2006
My mom is 38 years old and she is has hepatitis c. The doctor says it is 64 and the the normal is 34. Can you please tell me anything you know that might be helpful and the best treatment and also the condition of her liver.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect you are telling me that her liver function test ALT is 64 which is slightly abnormal. The best way to determine the degree of liver injury is with a biopsy. Non-invasive testing is also becoming more common as well. This will need to be discussed with her liver doctor.
how will a person know if its already acute hepa b?
- Herpes And Hiv Negative
- What Type Of Doctor Specializes In The Treatment Of Herpes?
- What Is The Chance That You Have Herpes If You Have Never Had An Outbreak?
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Does Shingles Skin Rash Look Like?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.