Sep 2, 2006
My mom is 38 years old and she is has hepatitis c. The doctor says it is 64 and the the normal is 34. Can you please tell me anything you know that might be helpful and the best treatment and also the condition of her liver.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect you are telling me that her liver function test ALT is 64 which is slightly abnormal. The best way to determine the degree of liver injury is with a biopsy. Non-invasive testing is also becoming more common as well. This will need to be discussed with her liver doctor.
how will a person know if its already acute hepa b?
- Does Hiv Lower White Blood Cell Count?
- Can U Get Hiv The First Time U Have Sex?
- Tumeric Used For Treatment Of Neuropathy
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Show Up?
- Does It Mean That You Have Hiv If A Test Was Found To Be Reactive?
- What Are The Chances Of Contracting Hiv If You Had Sex With An Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.