|hepatitis c a1
Sep 2, 2006
what does hepatitis c mean when they say you have a1 hepatitis c
Response from Dr. McGovern
I think you mean "genotype 1".
Hepatitis C comes in different "genotypes". They can all cause disease.
However, some genotypes respond better to treatment than others. However, I never use the result of a genotype test to deny therapy. The real test of how an "individual" is going to respond is just to test their virus level before treatment and on treatment to see if the level is going down.
HepB result confusion
- Risk Of Masturbation With Saliva
- Does HIV Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Is Dizziness An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.