|Hep. C / tooth brush
Aug 12, 2006
My father tested positive for Hep. C, i have used his tooth brush and razor before but his Hep. C has been inactive...does that still mean i can get it? If so what are the chances?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If his hepatitis C is "inactive" that might mean that he has no virus in his bloodstream. But I am not sure if that is what is meant by "inactive".
If he does have virus in his blood, then the risk of HCV from his razor is extremely low, but not zero. I would get tested if this is the case, just to be sure. But I am 99% sure it will be negative result for you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hair Loss After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Balls After Licking Genital Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Anal With Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.