|Hep. C / tooth brush
Aug 12, 2006
My father tested positive for Hep. C, i have used his tooth brush and razor before but his Hep. C has been inactive...does that still mean i can get it? If so what are the chances?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If his hepatitis C is "inactive" that might mean that he has no virus in his bloodstream. But I am not sure if that is what is meant by "inactive".
If he does have virus in his blood, then the risk of HCV from his razor is extremely low, but not zero. I would get tested if this is the case, just to be sure. But I am 99% sure it will be negative result for you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Blood Test Tell You If You Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.