my test results
Aug 12, 2006
my test results reads HAVAB IGM NONREAC, HEB B CORE AB,IGM NEGATIVE, HBSAG NEGATIVE(NEG-) HEPATITIS C *REACTIVE(NEG-). What does that mean.
Response from Dr. McGovern
If your test for HCV says "reactive" then you have been infected with hepatitis C. If you have absolutely no risk factors for HCV then you may want to get another test called a RIBA to be certain that it is not a false positive.
If you do have risk factors, then I would get a HCV RNA to see if the infection is still active.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Are Pimples A Sign Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.