The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Aug 12, 2006

sir i am poor in english please read this mail and answer me as soon as posible. i am 56 year old man and my health is going down since last three years.last year i check the doctor and i am infected with hbsag positive , my liver not function properly and in my abdoman the water grow. i change the water. last month in water the infection was found. please tell me my actual position,can i live?

Response from Dr. McGovern

I am concerned about what you have written. It sounds like you have ascites (water in the belly). If this is the case, it would be good if you can see a liver doctor in a hospital that has liver transplantation.

You will also need to be on medicines that will help keep your ascites controlled. You may also need another medicine to prevent any gastrointestinal bleeding.

DO i nid treatment?
alternative treatments for Hepatitis C

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint