Aug 12, 2006
Sir, i was admitted to the hospital for 3 days as LFT tests confirmed that i had HEP A and my enzymes were high. Sir i want to know that its been almost one and a half months now and my latest LFT test is almost normal, can i ever drink alcohol again in moderate measures or socially? and if yes from when? or can i have 2 drinks once in a weak?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes you can drink alcohol again. Hepatitis A does not cause permanent damage.
Alcohol is moderation is okay - alcohol in excessive amounts (5 drinks a day of either beer, wine, or other alcohol) can damage the liver.
By the way, doctors can be women too!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Fingers After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Like Symptoms And Vaginal Trauma
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.