Aug 12, 2006
Sir, i was admitted to the hospital for 3 days as LFT tests confirmed that i had HEP A and my enzymes were high. Sir i want to know that its been almost one and a half months now and my latest LFT test is almost normal, can i ever drink alcohol again in moderate measures or socially? and if yes from when? or can i have 2 drinks once in a weak?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes you can drink alcohol again. Hepatitis A does not cause permanent damage.
Alcohol is moderation is okay - alcohol in excessive amounts (5 drinks a day of either beer, wine, or other alcohol) can damage the liver.
By the way, doctors can be women too!
no q, only a thank you
- Minimum Days Of Survival Of A Hiv Infected Person
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Blow Job
- Undetectable Viral Load Decreasing CD4 Count
- What If Vaginal Fluid Touches A Cut?
- When An Insect Bites Someone With Hiv Can It Be Transmitted To Another Person?
- How I Knew I Had Early Signs Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.