Hepatitis B Serology

Lastweek I received my Hep test results. which were: Hep B sAg (centaur): not detected <0.10, Hep B sAg (Axsym): not detected 0.48, Hep B s Ab: Detected 184 (Iu/L), Hep B core Ab: detected >8.00. I was told that I had contact with the virus before and my immune system overcame it. Iam very confused here as my Doctor is saying that she will evaluate me again 6 months. Current liver ALT is 42. On second opinion I went to see another physician he is saying I shouldn't be worried about anything at all. Can you explain me in more detail of all this figures eg: Hep B sAg neg 0.48, Hep B core Ab positive >8.00. What happens from here. SHould I go for HBV DNA test. Is the virus totally out of my system. Can it be reactivated in future if my Hep B s Ab drops below level. Could you please explain me in detail.

The blood tests are consistent with past exposure to hepatitis B (positive HBsurface antibody and HBcore antibody). However you don't have chronic infection (HB surface antigen is negative).

There is no need to check for virus since you cleared the infection. You do not need treatment.

Your ALT is minimally elevated - however that is not related to Hepatitis B. Your doctor probably just wants to follow-up on your ALT to be certain is doesn't stay abnormal or increase higher. There are other causes for elevations of liver tests including medications, alcohol, fatty liver, and other liver diseases.

hep b immunity
HEP C IN SALIVIA