Aug 12, 2006
Is there other methods of contacting Hepititus C besides sex and could you have contracted it from sex more than 10 years ago and not show up until recently?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes - it is easy to get HCV through injection drug use - even just once.
As for sexual exposure - it is uncommon but can happen. New infection is usually diagnosed in 8 to 12 weeks.
Hepatitis Panel (4) Test
Treatment for HepC
- Chances Of Getting Hiv From One Time Exposure
- What Does The Start Of The Aids Virus Feel Like?
- What Could Cause False Positive Rapid Hiv Test?
- Is A High White Blood Cell Count An Indicator Of Hiv?
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Hiv And Short Term Memory Loss
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.