|Hep C EQUIVOCAL
Aug 12, 2006
My first hep C test was equivocal. Then I cheched it again when I was pregnant it was weak reactive but my HCV blot was negative. After delivery I checked it again it was equivocal again. Do I need to worry? Please help. Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you have no particular risk factors for hepatitis C I would assume that this is a false positive.
If your blot test was a "RIBA" then I would not worry further; it should be a true positive if you are infected.
dont understand results of hep b test
why would I be immune to HAV
- Is Vaginal Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Sore Throat During Seroconversion
- Black Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.