|Hep C EQUIVOCAL
Aug 12, 2006
My first hep C test was equivocal. Then I cheched it again when I was pregnant it was weak reactive but my HCV blot was negative. After delivery I checked it again it was equivocal again. Do I need to worry? Please help. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you have no particular risk factors for hepatitis C I would assume that this is a false positive.
If your blot test was a "RIBA" then I would not worry further; it should be a true positive if you are infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vibramycin Treat Chlamydia?
- How Do You Get Rid Of Vaginal Cysts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.