Retuning Hep C

Twenty years or so ago, I contacted Hep C. The whole turning yellow and was hospitalized fro 5 days. ^ years ago, I was treated fro Hep C, with Interferon for one year and then with combo of Interferon and Rebitron.4 years it was inactive . My first biospy showed fibrous , but very small amount. My liver levels are elevated again, my first doctor has sent me to another to be retreated. He is going to do a biopsy, and feels I should not be concerned. Becasue my levels are low, and by the way , no one has ever told me the levels, should I not be concerned? SHourl re-treatment be best left at a later time perhaps. I am 48 and my concerns are treatments, now or at 5o something...I went threw the first two treatments okay, but I am older now...

I think a biopsy would be helpful to see if your disease has progressed or stayed the same.

If you tolerated the medications, it may be prudent to retreat and aim for the cure. If your "levels" are low (I assume you mean HCV RNA) then you should do extremely well. Pegasys or PegIntron would be easier for you as well compared to standard interferon.

If you don't tolerate the medications, you can simply stop.

I would continue on your workup.

Police Officer-needlestick
dont understand results of hep b test