Aug 11, 2006
Is there any chance of getting Hepatitis C from a needlestick in this situation. Insulin needle had been capped and untouched in an evidence locker at room temperature for 60 days. Cap came off during handling and got stuck drawing blood. My understanding is that HIV is not a concern in this specific situation.
Response from Dr. McGovern
This does not appear to constitute an exposure of concern based on what you have told me.
However, in the future, I think if you should ever have a question about an on the job exposure, you should err on the side of caution and get tested. It is for your own protection.
Retuning Hep C
- Does Pep Delay Seroconversion In Hiv?
- What Do Ulcers In The Mouth Look Like When U Are Hiv Positive?
- When You Have Hiv Do You Sneeze And Have A Stuffy Noes?
- Testosterone Deficiency Itching And Tingling To Legs
- Can You Get Hiv Throw Shaving Bumps On Your Pubic Hair Shaving?
- If You Have An Open Cut Or Wound Can You Get Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.