Police Officer-needlestick

Is there any chance of getting Hepatitis C from a needlestick in this situation. Insulin needle had been capped and untouched in an evidence locker at room temperature for 60 days. Cap came off during handling and got stuck drawing blood. My understanding is that HIV is not a concern in this specific situation.

This does not appear to constitute an exposure of concern based on what you have told me.

However, in the future, I think if you should ever have a question about an on the job exposure, you should err on the side of caution and get tested. It is for your own protection.

hepatitis c
Retuning Hep C