Aug 11, 2006
A friend of mine was diagnosed with Hepatitis C. She has a 12 year old boy, she was just wondering if it can spread to her child in any way.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is spread by exposure to contaminated blood - either through injection drug use or sexual exposure. For family members we recommend no sharing of razor blades or toothbrushes; however, I don't know of any well documented cases of transmission through these means.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Aids Terminal Illness
- How Many Years Can People Live With Hiv?
- What Is The Fastest Hiv Symptoms Have Ever Shown Up?
- Can Worrying About Hiv Make You Have Symptoms When You Don't Have It?
- How The Hiv Attaches To Host Cell?
- What Happens If You Have Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman On Her Period?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.