Aug 11, 2006
A friend of mine was diagnosed with Hepatitis C. She has a 12 year old boy, she was just wondering if it can spread to her child in any way.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is spread by exposure to contaminated blood - either through injection drug use or sexual exposure. For family members we recommend no sharing of razor blades or toothbrushes; however, I don't know of any well documented cases of transmission through these means.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Red Spots After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.