clearing hcv

Is it possible to clear HCV with proper treatment if you were co-infected 17 months ago? How horrible is the treatment?

Yes it is possible. The chances do vary depending on the type of hepatitis C you have (genotypes 2 and 3 are easier to treat than genotype 1 for example) and the amount of virus in your blood.

However, I always treat the individual patient even if they have a high viral load with genotype 1 infection - especially if they have liver disease. That is because, each person is different and I will judge their individual response by obtaining a viral load at 4 weeks.

The symptoms also vary from person to person. I have had few patients stop because of side effects. The most common side effects are fatigue, weight loss, muscle aches, poor appetite, irritability and depression.

help me dc pls...
hepatitis c