diet w/hiv hcv co-infection

I have hiv for 10+ yrs, recent cd4 count of 300, no meds, and Grade 2 Stage 3-4 fibrosis/early cirrhosis. Generally most of the time I feel good, and I have noticed that the foods I eat and exercise make a difference in how I feel. What is your opinion about a Vegan Diet, eliminating meats and dairy products, on the benefits it would have for the liver and/or immune system?

I cannot advise about your diet question, because I am not a nutritionist. I would discuss that with someone with excellent expertise in this field.

I am glad that you are feeling well, but your level of fibrosis is very concerning to me. I would strongly recommend treatment if you have no contraindications to therapy. I would see a specialist with expertise in HIV/HCV coinfection.

There will be results from an important trial called PRESCO in the fall that may also help in determining the best treatment for you.

Hepatitis C
invarase & norvir