Aug 6, 2006
How long is Hepatitis C normally in the body before it will show up on any blood tests?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Once hepatitis C is in your blood it can be measured by HCV RNA testing. Antibody levels usually become positive soon after - the vast majority become positive by 3 months after infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will My Chlamydia Go Away With Treatment?
- What Stds Cause Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Happens When Gonorrhea Is Left Untreated?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- What Could Cause Syphilis False Positive Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.