Aug 6, 2006
If both parents were heroin users and have Hep. C...can their newborn be affected by this? Drug was stopped recently but both parents have Hep C....Thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
The key issue is whether the mother has hepatitis C. If so, there is a risk of transmission to the baby of approximately 5 percent. However, many children clear their hepatitis C even if it is transmitted. If they become chronic carriers, they can be treated and they tolerate treatment better than adults.
hiv and hepititis C
6 week post tx pcr
- Burning Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.