Aug 6, 2006
If both parents were heroin users and have Hep. C...can their newborn be affected by this? Drug was stopped recently but both parents have Hep C....Thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
The key issue is whether the mother has hepatitis C. If so, there is a risk of transmission to the baby of approximately 5 percent. However, many children clear their hepatitis C even if it is transmitted. If they become chronic carriers, they can be treated and they tolerate treatment better than adults.
hiv and hepititis C
6 week post tx pcr
- I Just Got Treated For Chlamydia I Am Scared I Have Hiv
- Am I At Hiv Risk After Only One Unprotected Sex Encounter
- Can You Get Hiv Even With Using A Condom?
- What Can Cause A False Positive Hiv Test?
- Can Someone Get Hiv Or Aids If Both Partners Don't Have It?
- What Color Are Hiv Spots On Your Skin?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.