|Hepitits C Stages
Aug 6, 2006
What are the stages of Hepititis C?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can lead to mild, moderate, or severe hepatitis. In the minority of patients it can also lead to cirrhosis. In cirrhosis, the liver becomes nodular and functions less well in making vital proteins.
Cirrhosis can be compensated or decompensated. Decompensated means that complications, such as ascites (fluid in the belly) or bleeding (varices) have occurred.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.