Aug 6, 2006
What are the treatments available with decompensated liver cirrhosis? How to slow down the progress of the disease?
Response from Dr. McGovern
For decompensated liver disease, I would highly suggest that you should be seen at a tertiary care center with a liver transplant program. It is very important to have an evaluation there so that if you become more ill, you have already been through an initial evaluation.
In the meantime, avoid alcohol and clear all medications that you are using, including over the counter drugs or herbal medications, with your liver specialist.
Transmission of HCV during sex.
Hepitits C Stages
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Cure Painful Spots On My Penis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.