Transmission of HCV during sex.

Dr. McGovern,

During oral sex I was recently exposed to allot of blood on my penis, from the mouth of a receptive partner. Although, knowing that there was a slight transmission risk, I wasn't terrible concerned until I noticed a few hours later that I was going through a HSV-2 outbreak! Now I believe my chances of HEPC and HIV transmission are significant. Is my assessment correct? Is testing very much warranted?

Thanks,

Theoretical risks are very much possible!

I would proceed with testing.

The risk of HIV transmission is increased with the presence of ulcers. The risk of HCV may also increase with the presence of ulcerative disease as well as shown in a few recent studies of men who have sex with men. These MSM acquired HCV in the setting of other sexually transmitted diseases, such as syphilis, LGV, and other ulcerative diseases.

reoccurence HCV3a
Hep C