Aug 6, 2006
my father is dating a women with hep C and i am wondering if there is any risk of transfer during sex of any kind and if she is taking treatments and when done with treatments would it lower the risk of transfer,
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes hepatitis C can be transmitted through sex but there is only a 1 to 3 percent chance between monogamous couples, depending on which study you read.
Treatment can cure hepatitis C so the risk becomes zero with a successful response.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore Throat An Ars Symptom?
- Achy Balls After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.