Undetectible hep c viral count,but high antibody

I found out 15 years ago from red cross that I had a detectible antibody hep c count.Since then I have been tested every year and am always undetectable.I was told by a doctor that for all practical purposes my immune system defeated the hep c.Am I "cured"...can I have sex without worry of a transmission possibility

Fifteen years ago brings us to 1991 - that was when we had only the first generation test for hepatitis C which is not nearly as sensitive or specific as the third generation tests we have today.

I would bet that a RIBA test will clear this up for you for good. If this is negative, I would never get tested again for hepatitis C and chalk up the first one to a false positive.

Competitive Running
hep C