Hepatitis and HIV tesing results

I am, at the moment still recovering from a viral non specific hepatitis infection contracted from Northern Africa. Having done one home hiv blood test which was 'faintly' +ve have gone to a clinic for another 15 min test also faintly +ve, they are now performing the lab blood test. Is it possible, although I have been at risk with my partner of 1 year, that the hepatitis could cause a false positive result on these occasions? I am, awaiting the results from the lab and am concerned as you can imagine.

I wonder if you contracted hepatitis E or some other hepatitis in association with a systemic disease such as tyhpoid for example. Any way, you are better but obviously concerned about this "faintly positive" test. The only way I can answer that is that you need to get the standard test (as you have done). Yes, I think it is possible that a recent infection could alter the results. Positive rapid tests always need confirmation.

Cholesterol drug & inactive HBV
fibrosys stage 2